13 March 2013

Clinique Spot Solutions Spot Treatment Gel

Over in the heat and sunshine of Tenerife, my skin became more oily than I'm used to and I had a bit of trouble with a breakout on my chin. Just what you don't want when you're on holiday and there are lots of photos being taken! So when I found the Clinique spot treatment gel on offer in a shop over there I pounced on it, desperate to get my face back to normal.

I really like Clinique products although they are on the pricier end on the scale, but they are effective and I've found them all to be lovely to use so far. The spot treatment proved no different.
To use the treatment you squeeze the bottle very gently and apply a tiny dot straight on to the spot and then dab it in using a clean finger. When the gel dries it creates a barrier protecting the spot from any other dirt or grime getting in to the blocked pore whilst actively drying the spot and reducing the redness. You can reapply as often as you need to, but as it can dry the skin I wouldn't do so too often or you will over dry the area. I really found that this worked well and pretty quickly. There was a definite improvement within the day and the spots only took a couple of days to go away as apposed to a week or so like they usually would. The applicator is nice and small and allows you to get just the right amount of treatment without wasting and the bottle is a good size for popping in a handbag.
My only complaint is that I like to apply a bit of the treatment before using my foundation if I can see a pesky spot lurking under the surface but it can have a tendency to react with the foundation and flake off if you don't use a foundation brush, I think this is because it sits on the skin rather than sinking in straight away like a cream does but with a light touch its ok, just an annoyance.
At £13.50 for 15ml this is not by any means the cheapest product you can buy for clearing spots, and if I had been in England at the time I would never have bought it, but I'm glad I did, it feels like a little luxury that I can count on to save my skin on a bad day. Would I buy it again? Maybe, but I think I would shop around first and try something cheaper because at the end of the day, this is just a spot treatment made using very similar ingredients to most and I definitely prefer my usual Lush Grease Lightening.

Annie x

1 comment:

  1. Looks great will be sure to try this out!

    Emma x
    http://beautyandrags.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete