5 April 2012

She Said Beauty Box Review

Hello,
I'm sure everyone has read loads of posts about this months she said beauty box but I thought for any of you out there thinking about joining up, one more review might help sway you. To start out, I just want to say that I really loved this box and I'm already excited to see what their next box offers. So lets see what was inside.

This month we were treated not only to the normal 5 samples, but also to one extra sample kit as well as a Lindt chocolate egg as a special easter treat. This made me happy even before looking at my goodies, who doesn't love extras?
Comfort Zone body expert kit First up cam the body expert kit from Comfort Zone which is a little package of six different samples from their range ranging from the Fruity Peel body scrub down to the Tranquility Cream. In short, they provided a sample to test on most different parts of the body. My favourite was the Vital Leg cream gel which is for use on tired, achy legs to give them an instant boost as well as toning and hydrating. I will definitely use all of these samples so this gets a thumbs up from Annie!

Filthy Gorgeous nail varnish in Valentine Next in the box was a full sized nail varnish from Filthy Gorgeous. There were four different shades on offer and I received Valentine. Initially I was really happy to receive this. The colour was lovely, the coverage was excellent and it dried super fast. The packaging looks a bit cheap, especially for a nail varnish that retails for £9, but that wasnt the end of the world. After wearing this for one day though, I was majorly disappointed. Despite using two layers the varnish started to chip after only a couple of hours, and looked so bad by the end of the day I had to remove it. A reluctant thumbs down from Annie!

Bellapierre Cosmetics loose powder in Champagne Next, and possibly my favourite item from this months box was this full sized pot of pretty shimmer powder from Bellapierre. I don't usually buy loose powders myself, but I know I will use this lots. The colour is a soft gold shade that goes nicely under other eye shadows and also works to highlight the brow bone. There is definitely a substantial amount of sparkle to this which may not please some, but I think that just makes it even prettier. Big thumbs up from Annie!

BVM Face and Neck Polisher I must say that I wasn't overly excited about this addition to the box, but I was happy to receive the sample. I've heard good things about this scrub so I will give it a go anyway. I've not heard of a neck scrub before though so maybe this is the product I've been missing all my life... Or maybe not. A half hearted thumbs up I think!

Misha Barton lip balm Who knew that Misha Barton had strayed into the world of cosmetics? I certainly didn't. But maybe that has something to do with the disappointing quality that her products bring. This was a full sized sample of her lip balm which boasts an spf of 15 but that is about the only thing it can boast about. The formula was way too thick so you have to work it really hard to melt it enough to get enough product to coat your lips. Not that you would want to use much as the smell and taste is horrendous; really fake and plasticy. You also get zero colour pay off from the lip balm which isn't the end of the world, but for a product costing £12 a pot and looking such a lovely shade of pink in the tub, this is pretty pants! I huge thumbs down for this one!

*Bonus* Erno Lazlo Hollywood Collection Kit This was a lovely bonus item, and to me symbolises what beauty boxes are about. The products in this range are inspired from timeless Hollywood beauties such as Marilyn Monroe and Katherine Hepburn and all retail full sized at around £100 per bottle which is far too pricy for most of us to afford. This sample gives us all a chance to try a very high end product without it costing the world to do so and I must say that the formula of all of the products from this set that I've tried really are wonderful. Whilst it has made me fall in love with things I will never be able to afford, this sample gets a thumbs up from Annie.

Lastly, there was of course the Lindt egg which got devoured almost straight away being made from my favourite chocolate ever! This was such a sweet little bonus and made me smile when I opened the box. Thank you She Said Beauty!

So all in all, I thought this was a great box from She Said Beauty and hopefully sets the tone for what will be offered every month from them. As a very new entry to the beauty box world, She Said Beauty will have their work cut out contending with the likes of Glossybox, but I think if they carry on like this, they have the ability to knock Glossybox out of the water, I much prefer them already.

How about you, what do you think of the latest She Said Beauty box? Have you received one? Or are you tempted to sign up for next month after seeing this months offering?

Annie x

No comments:

Post a Comment