6 April 2012

Calvin Klein Cosmetics Review

Hello,
Today I have another review for you of the Clavin Klein goodies that I bought in TK Maxx a few weeks ago. I bought the long wear pressed powder in light, and the electric edge liquid eyeliner pen in black.
I must say, I was expecting more from a designer range, although maybe just because their clothes and accessories are great doesn't mean to say that their cosmetics range is as high quality.
First up, lets look at the eyeliner pen. This is the product that I really felt should have been better. The brush applicator is stiff and like dragging a needle along your lashes, I found the colour faded slightly during the day, and worst of all, I found that it came off way too easy. I found that whilst wearing this, even after just half an hour, when I looked in the mirror, I had lines of black just above the crease of my eye where the eyeliner had transfered so easily which was a pain in the backside, especially since I work in a warm environment where my face is likely to get warm and make this transfer even more. I give this a huge thumbs down sadly. It also only lasted two days in my every day wear make-up before being moved very firmly to the bottom of the make-up graveyard.
On the other hand, I couldn't feel more differently about the natural purity pressed powder. I honestly love it. The colour is likely to be way too pale for a lot of people as it is incredibly light, but they do stock four other shades, one of which is actually lighter than this, goodness knows why. The quality of the powder is lovely, nice and silky smooth without being difficult to pick up with a brush. It takes away any shine to the face and has good staying power which keeps the shine away day long. I use his over the top of liquid foundation and blusher and it works well to set the look as well as softening the effect for a more subtle look. I don' think that packaging is up to much; the lettering on the front is wearing off already and the box isn't very robust, but it does the job it sets out to do and if you're looking for a good quality, no fuss powder, then this is the one to try. I give it a big thumbs up.

I've been a little naughty today and been shopping again in Boots. I went in to pick up 17 First Kiss after reading it was a great dupe for Nars Orgasm blusher (I can't remember where I read the post, but if you know who's blog it was, please link me so I can add it!). As well as getting the blush, I also picked up Indian Ocean from the Models Own Beetle Juice collection and a 17 lipstick in Bee Hive which I have been after for a while. I'm sure there will be reviews to come :P

Have you tried any Clavin Klein cosmetics before? What do you think of their quality?
Annie x
ps, I would love you forever if you could follow Three Little Buhos on facebook so I can get to 30 likes and utilise the page more. Thank you :)

3 comments:

  1. I have a couple of lippies I love them dunno where theyre frm or how much because they wer a gift but id defo pick up more if I see them x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats good to know. I was looking at the lippies earlier today and thinking what nice colours they were. I didn't pick any up though because I didnt trust the quality, maybe next time I'll buy one :) xx

      Delete
  2. The post is a review of the Calvin Klien cosmetics. Read to know more
    beauty salon
    Salon

    ReplyDelete